Saturday, October 22, 2016

I've been camping.....
hubby has been super busy working on the trailer....all while recovering from a recent medical leave from work..

nothing serious...just another!! you don't want to hear me go off on this topic...another inherited issue

so, let's go another direction with the post and catch up on life...

for reasons too long and boring to write about....I stopped blogging...

and began filling my spare moments watching and listening to podcasts...

my knitting has been ongoing with the improvements of actually finishing projects...

the stash....is being used...and that fact alone has given me mental peace.

on the whole, life has been wonderful...

we  had to say goodbye to our sweet dog Gina and put her to sleep, even after a year being gone, it's still painful to type those words...

and a little bundle of silliness we named Dory joined us in October of last year....she's the goofiest dog we ever had, keeps us,  the other dogs, and cat all entertained

the chickens are well, happy and healthy....(even hubby has enjoyed them, but you'll never hear him admit it)

my Sister camping trips are lined up through the coming year (although, I did just cancel the trip to Utah to see Zion & Bryce)...that's a road trip for later, with hubby riding shotgun along side me...

since we recently drove to Idaho, the distance, landscape and winds....makes the coast of California and redwoods sound more appealing for a road trip in June of 2017....maybe we'll make it further and explore Oregon as well...

so what's up for this weekend?....plenty!!

Mom is staying over, Zoe too for a slumber party with hopes Nana has something special planned and surprises for her to take home...

and the trailer will be continuing with the new curtains, bathroom wall ModPodge experiment, toilet bowl burlap skirt, banners sewn with fall fabrics, and the shudder light fixture painted and plugged in...

most people just pack a dozen hot dogs, a couple cans of chili and grab the dog and go...

this whole Sister club has turned into a stylish, over the top, eat off fine china and have your trailer lit like Las Vegas extravaganza......all super fun and exciting...

not all the Sisters are this way....but when those who are put in the effort..it makes it that much more fun for everyone!!

so today, it's all hands to work...Mom's, Zoe's, and hubby....each will play a part in getting me prepared for the Fall Ya' All that arrives in 10 days, that's when the trailer heads down the highway where I'll be joining 75 other happy women campers for a long weekend of fun...

other news, the house is a mess....not sure what that is all about?
I have no interest in it anymore, I still consider daily of other places to live and consider options after Mom is gone...
hubby is tired of hearing about it and sits and stars at the t.v. each and every night .....
the hours are quiet in the evening....little to no conversation, and truthfully, I have no interest in putting forth the effort to talk...
I don't take this as a bad sign..just a chapter in our lives that comes when you've been together as long as we have been...
it will change again....you can plan on that with life....there will always be change

what I would like to change?...is having my house clean and decorated again...

I fully expect when the trailer is finally finished, the piles of "maybe save", and "thrift store for sure" piles on the floors will disappear, hubby's card table with the jigsaw puzzle completed by the time he returns back to work - gone!!. .and the rains arrive outside.....

I am extremely aware this past year how much I miss cooler weather, rain drops, clouds, breezes, and neighbors that have pride in where they live...

our neighborhood continues to decline in appearance...many have taken the drought as a good excuse to stop all maintenance on their entire residence...why this should include house paint is beyond my understanding...

it's ok, I know there'll come a day...change right?...either they'll paint and turn on the sprinklers?...
or,
I find that perfect little place listed on Zillow and we'll pull up stakes....

until then, work, work, work and travel in the sweet little, and super shiny!!! Silver Streak..

did I mention, when I took it out last weekend?....the cars that hovered around the trailer, like little bees to the hive , around the trailer as we rolled down the highway... people appreciate the history of the Air Streams, maybe missing the simpler days??....I wondered how many people still camp?..how many choose to leave the televisions, cell phones, and computer screens and take back their lives...

actually, now that I think about it...I hope not too many...
the campsites fill quickly, requiring reservations be made months or a full year in advance...

so, look on my fellow drivers on the highway...I'll take you camping with me in spirit...and you stay home on your sofas....

I'm off friends..to continue with a full day's activities, in and out of the car, Home Depot, Brick Basement, Joann's Craft .....on and on....

see you soon...you will be the first to see the trailer....it's almost done!













you'll see the inside soon.....did you see the pretty new floor???


No comments: