Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Black & White & Beautiful All Over



Hello, Hello, Hello,......



I have been savoring this alpaca for months, I don't even want to wind it due to the fact I can run my fingers through each and every strand, the softness is amazing.
My plan is to make the Big Bad Baby Blanket from the Stitch & Bitch book making each block a solid color rather than blending the yarns together. I think having each block with it's own strand will show how each skein is a treasure standing on it's own.....

This will be for the sofa in our living room, I won't be able to get working on this project until the end of the year, my Christmas "to do list" is pretty darn long and this little treasure will be for me, so after I feel like I've completed several items for the holiday I'll wind and knit, enjoying each and every stitch....it's my favorite fiber to knit and will look stunning on the sofa.....such a treat this hobby is...I'm one of those people who want to share this with other people and often receive looks like "you are a weird person, knitting is dull and who needs something knit in Southern California?" Not a problem, I see it as more yarn for me to have a selection at my LYS, their loss..so sad!!

Have yourself a great day....tomorrow, maybe something small and red....

2 comments:

Prairie Rose said...

Ooohhh! I am SO jealous!
Of the yarn and the sofa;)

Lap Dog Knits said...

Thank you, that's very sweet, but please don't be jealous, the sofa is from Ikea. It's a sofa sleeper with a slip cover. If the house cat ruins the cover, we can just go to Ikea and buy a new cover rather than a whole new sofa!! The yarn is easy to get, I'll check the label and find out what it's called so you can check your area or the internet. Thanks for visiting my blog, I'm really having fun keeping track of my thoughts and photos....