Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A Very Special Day - Happy Birthday Girlfriend


Here's a fun little knitting project from the Itty Bitty Toys book by Susan B. Anderson, noro bird nest with a cotton egg.....but is that all there is? - SURPRISE


That sweet little egg will hatch right before your eyes into a bird....how cute is that?? I'm thinking Easter should include a couple fuzzy little chicks (custom made peeps)I've had such fun flipping the egg inside out that I need to improve on my finishing sewing as this little guy needs repair on the beak and tweeking on the wings


Jaclyn's choice of birthday cake - assorted cupcakes... the little flags have quotes from Jimmy Crickett and Bob Dylan, love it!!

Hello Everyone,

This is a very special day, my daughter's birthday. Even though she's no longer small, I can no longer pick her up, hold her little hand while we walk, watch her ride her bike with a pet bird on her shoulder, crack her first egg while baking, those are memories I hold deep inside my heart while I watch her begin her 28th year. She has grown up to become everything I have wanted for her and so much more. She is one of my greatest gifts in life, she is a very special person and I only take credit for letting her go so that she could grow into the person she has become - it would have been so easy to hold her tight and protect and never let go to keep her my little girl forever.

She's hasn't taken after me with the knitting - a hat or scarf here or there, maybe she doesn't need the stress relief the knitting brings, lucky girl...

Enjoy the pictures, I'm wishing everyone a good week, one spent with good food, drink, family (if you enjoy your relatives) and friends, of course, fantastic yarns and your favorite needles, interesting patterns, great blogs to inspire..

blog 017
Jaclyn's homegrown bouquet of birth flowers - sweet peas

No comments: