Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sunny Sunday....

The sewing machine it still waiting....collecting dust. Along with every other stick of furniture in the house.

Instead - I made a trip to the hardware store;
paint color selected - check
counter top selected - check
sink size and color selected - check
faucet selected - check

Soon another project will be underway - our kitchen has been in need of improvement for too long.
The wonderful advantage of living in an older home stuffed with even older furniture - we're going for a dated distressed looking kitchen.
I pretty much have that look going now but when pieces of grout and sawdust from old drawers end up on a dinner plate? It's time....
As the project gets underway I'll post pics and colors - it's a jiffy project and easy peasy on the pocket book so we can't expect much more than heritage paint colors and rustic antiques doing double duty. 

Since the weather was perfect yesterday we stopped into a favorite nursery and picked up a handful of plants....my potted tomatoes are about done so I picked up a couple that will promise to give me tomatoes come winter. Yup, winter tomatoes - California has a LONG list of things going wrong currently but the weather and gardening will never be one of them.

They have fairy gardens...........sweet & fun for little ones.










I had one foot in the car heading home when I spotted this......
It's a variety of salvia 
and it had to come home with me.....

the little red and white blooms made me think of Valentines Day....I know, it's August but it will bloom in February and the colors say sweet Valentine to me.

I planted it at my front porch......

I think I'll head out there and knit awhile - enjoy your day friends.   

4 comments:

Heather said...

I am excited to hear that you are remodeling your kitchen! We hope to start our own kitchen rennovation soon. Yesterday, we went to The Kitchen Store in Studio City, which was very interesting but probably out of our price range. Keep us posted along every step of the way!

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Dorothy and Toto... J would smile at that :)

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

Good luck with your kitchen and smart move on the plant. Not much doubt it needed a home. And blooms in February? Sigh.

wagwinggarden said...

LOVE the rack for your kitchen...agree about the color green...that salvia is called, "hot lips"...mine went cold...gonna try again