Monday, September 12, 2011

Word is....

Hello My Blogging Buddies.....

If you're reading this than that means you're still in the "game of life"....let's start a new week together shall we?

The word of the week??? The word or theme that is assigned for this weeks photo topic? Using your cell phone or Canon or child's crayon??? Doesn't really matter folks... and the word is.....Transportation.
Take a picture or draw a picture and post it on your blog and leave me a comment so I can see it.....!!

What comes to mind with that??? If you're lucky and have a horse...how 'bout hooves?

My work week will surely be the same as last week and every week before that one
...thank you Washington for the swell job you folks are doing - my gosh...do I need to jump on my broom and fly there and do a bit of house cleaning? Those individuals are working on my last nerve....

Do I expect something to turn around in the very near future...you bet'cha...September 11th's events that brought together each and every American citizen, and illegal alien....will encourage a new wave of determination for the recovery of this country.
I expect no less from my fellow citizen...can you imagine? The entire country marching on Washington????
I'll dust off my broom if anyone wants to begin the march.....


Ok, enough politics...I'm starting to bug myself....

Here's the roasted tomato sauce...I plan to use this over Costco frozen cheese pizzas...along with veggies, pepperoni, sausage...and anything else that sounds good. We've found the frozen pizzas to be quite handy and less costly from making a crust from scratch with cheeses.

3 lbs. roma tomatoes, halfed
1 thinly sliced yellow onion
1 red bell pepper
salt and pepper
sprinkled red pepper flakes (1/2 tsp. to 2 tsp. depending on how hot you like tomato sauce)
drizzled with olive oil and toss everything together

Roast on a cookie sheet for 1 hour at 325 degrees or until roasted and lightly browned....cool
blend and puree, use for sauces or over pizza crusts....

Enjoy your day...the scarf is finished, I'll post a picture tonight.
Now I'm moving on to hats...lots of hats.....for my loved ones....do they wear them?
Who knows,......but I figure if they don't I'm giving them something to talk about at my funeral....

you know,...they'd be standing around the funeral home saying
"remember she always gave us those weird hats that we never wore but she'd give us anyway?"

Have a great day my blogging buddies....life goes on....take a swing today and make it a homerun.

5 comments:

Sherri B. said...

Sounds yummy! Have a great Monday! xo

Prairie Rose said...

Happy Monday, Friend!

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Count me in on the 'transportation' theme. Since I'm traveling, I better be able to come up with something!

Leah said...

Team Parra Sicily wears your hats proudly!!!! <3

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Your roasted tomato sauce sounds heavenly! I love tomatoes and my Dad grows the very best :)

I love wearing knit hats and my sister has stolen one right off my head ~ may she wear it in good health - LOL I'm sure yours will be worn too!

PS Doesn't Washington see what is going on in the news about countries that overspend???? We all have budgets we must live within.