Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pending...again

dinner ended up being leftover spaghetti......

the second fingerless mitt.....ended up being knit too loose....

have you ever had a set of double pointed needles that split???

I spent so much effort dealing with yarn being caught in slivers that the glove turned out badly....
( to the trash with those needles...the price tag should have told me I was buying "cheap")

so, today...another lunch hour - finish the glove....

this time I'm going to use a smaller size needle as I tend to be a loosey goosey knitter
(let's hope I paid more for the smaller size)


from the cookbook??
the recipe that I will be making.....when time allows
(always a bummer when a full time job gets in the way of how I'd rather spend my time)

Spring Vegetable Lasagne...Yukon potatoes, prosciutto, white cheddar, asparagus, fresh lasagna noodles.... butter.....parmesan cheese.....butter......it's sounding like a winner.....

but....it sounds like I need more than 30 minutes after walking in the door at night to put this together....

it sounds like the perfect meal for a weekend after shopping at my favorite farmers market...

and sharing it while eating with my new silver flatware.....with The Dutch Girl at the table......






Chocolate souffle for dessert ....... a perfect meal.....

now I just need the time.....

have a great day....

6 comments:

Heather said...

Mmmm...the lasagna looks delicious! I'll be anxious to see how it turns out. Good luck with your next glove!

Christine said...

Definitely a weekend meal. Looks really good though. One of these days I might learn how to make fingerless gloves. Right now I'm learning how to knit a flower. Slow going.

Unknown said...

Hi buddy! Lasagna looks delish but i just got caught up on your recent posts. Hello... holy freaking cow you ripped out your kitchen counter!!! I love the black and white contrast with the splash of red, it's gorgeous. Your photo's are great, happy life is good for you all and i have no doubt you'll be sporting the 2nd glove tomorrow. xx's jen

opportunityknits said...

The splitting dpn sounds nasty, you could hurt your fingers. Glad you are getting rid of it. The brown yarn looks really yummy. I am always drawn to the yarn colours you knit with.
My son and I LOVE lasagne but can't have it too often because it's so rich. It's sad when the BMI thingy says we have to lose weight :(

Dutch Girl said...

Dessert! yay. :o)

Prairie Rose said...

That lasagna LOOKS DIVINE!
Best of luck on the mitts:)