Thursday, July 26, 2012

Wee Hours

I imagine everyone wishes for more time to spend doing activities that makes their hearts jump.....

you know,,,,as in time spent working on that special quilt......or time for spinning....or finally time to learn how to spin...

to make that recipe a friend passed along to you and you've tucked it away for another day.....

planting in that area of the garden that just never seemed to "be just right"...

time reading......
private quiet time reading that much anticipated stack of books you've been building...

for the past three weeks now in the evening I've been enrolled in a photography class at the local Community College....this has been time well spent...

I'm learning how to take better pictures.....it makes my heart jump......like opening a box filled with puzzle pieces and knowing now how they'll fit together    

during the class break last night several people including the instructor picked up their cell phones to check messages, send a text, make a call out in the hallway - after a few minutes into the break the teacher stated "whatever would we do without all our little gadgets?"

at this point in my life....getting rid of "gadgets" is my intention....to make time for "things that make my heart jump"...there are messages for me to return...reminders of tasks pending....

but for today anyway....I choose to focus on activities that bring peace and harmony into my daily hours...sure there's still the 8-5 work day...but even there I've discovered an activity that makes my heart jump...

I have a new critter visiting....I haven't seen him....or her maybe....

but she's left behind a calling card....and in doing so has taken several entire flowering plants...


I'm not talking up ending and bug searching in the roots...I'm talking completely removing the entire plant..... roots and all....

so in my search of harmony of trying to live a relaxed countryfied style life in a densely populated concrete/asphalt world ....

I'm wondering what kind of wildlilfe has come a callin'.....does anyone have a guess??   

these pictures?.........now you know why I'm in a photography class
I've opened the box with the puzzles pieces....I haven't put them all together yet....

I'll need more time.... "Time" ... that thing I'm pursuing....    


 

3 comments:

Sherri B. said...

I would say the it is a raccoon. Don't even get me started on those nasty creatures! Why they would need an entire plant is anyone's guess, but they take what they want no matter what. We have had them come in the cat hole/door in the laundry room..yikes!!! The dogs went crazy!!

Anyway that's my guess...Please let us know when you find out for sure. xo

Unknown said...

LOVE the new layout, need a tutorial on getting my pics bigger on mine. LOVE that you got in the class woot woot! LOVE that your heading north for another adventure of good times.

A mysterious friend... anxious to hear when you find out, my guess is a raccoon. They are nasty, mean, strong could easily grab the whole dang plant.

JuJu said...

Oh, how fun that you're taking this class. Good for you!

and, I want more pictures of this very creative thief. Plant and roots???