Wednesday, August 15, 2012

clockin' out early.....

this is the best......

the best.....

southern california.....

huntington beach.....

the memories of my youth of California livin'......

once upon a time ....
I was a tanned blond, green eyed, teenage girl with straight hair nearly to the top of my belt buckle (that was always the goal...to grow my straight hair the length of my back)....and had a flat belly perfect for belt wearing:-)

riding my bike along the boardwalk this week of Huntington Beach reminds me of those days...

cocoa butter, a beach towel, a couple of bucks in my pocket to buy some strips
(fried n salted tortilla chips served with a red dipping sauce that I've yet to find anywhere but the snack shack beachside)

now, many, many, many years later....I'm still here....riding my bike, the hair's a bit shorter
(okay, a lot shorter) but still straight and blond...the eyes...still green (I've grown to appreciate having green eyes...not the usual shade)

now on a week day evening - ridin' n walking the farmers market on Main St.....
my hair windblown and textured only the way ocean air can style it...the smell of wood smoke from sand firepits....the air carrying the sounds of voices singing mingled with bits of laughter...

my new bike bell....from the "sale box"....$5.00....half the cost of the entire bike itself.....

Man In Black....he picked out his favorite new cruiser at a local bicycle shop ...but true to his personality...he remains content with what's locked to the beach pier and is considering only where to purchase IPod speakers for the handlebars......

all this time....we've shared these pleasurable hours with friends...

Dave, Jen, Dave, Cheryl, Jeff & Felicia.......all dear friends from our life on the lake....


more pictures to follow showing all the gang.....

we've adjusted the entertainment.....from boats and beers to bikes, beach, cameras, music,
and  campers......life is good at the lake.....life is even better on a bike beachside......Friday night....we'll be adding another log at the fire ring on the sand....wearing a new Huntington Beach sweatshirt....content with life....

and my bike Bonnie Blue.....she'll be perfect just as soon as Annie (Lap Dog) adjusts to the fact she's now required to become "a front basket bike riding loving Chihuahua"......I still haven't quite figured out how to get Gina the Dalmation on board...






....the knitted giraffe toy...continues.....slow and steady.....that's the pace when it's summertime.

6 comments:

Leah said...

we need to do this when we are home!! these pictures make me long for October 5th..

JuJu said...

What a lovely post. This SO makes me want to visit California. (I've never been!) If you see Dylan McKay and the 90210 gang, tell them hi for me.

I love the idea of the doggy in the basket.

Katiebee said...

I've always wanted to go to Ca., and after reading your post, even more so!

Linda said...

I spent much of my youth in Huntington Beach too! My Aunt still lives in my Grandmas house...but we moved Inland many years ago...I was down there at my Aunts last weekend though. I had my hair long enough to sit on...auburn, blue eyes and very tiny...I loved the fried tortillas...we called them "Strips"...I make them at home now!We still ride our beach cruisers though...just around town here...to the library, post office, and for pleasure...I need to get down there on my bike! Have a great day!!

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Ah, looks like you guys had a great afternoon! Even with the crowds, S. CA beaches are hard to beat.

Unknown said...

Ohh Kyle i love this post, isn't life amazing! All these years later and the group is still together on adventure. Beers and boats to bikes and beaches, seriouly.... great. xox