Sunday, January 6, 2013

no yellow brick here...






the list of things to do...

places to see...

adventures to experience ...

are endless....

I've never understood when someone says to me they can't find anything to do....

just as I can't understand people who can sit and relax....

I can't sleep past 5:00 a.m. and I couldn't tell you the last time I felt relaxed....

there's just too much to see and do .....

so when we discovered this road last weekend it was added to the list of places to drive...

my brother is scoping out the map and details and soon we'll be packing cameras, picnic baskets and gas cans for a drive to who know's where????

that's man in black taking annie for a stroll....
he'd prefer to know what's at the end before driving a long dirt road....he has common sense that way..

unlike me....who would say..."let's drive until we find something"...

but for now...it's back to work tomorrow....

awning material is ready for Ariel....(that's the name we've given the tin can toaster camper)
I'm going to keep a photo log of the changes as we begin her remodel..
new interior paint colors have been chosen...
colors for chairs, pillows, and table umbrellas..
kitchen drawers, curtains and lighting....

there'll be no sleeping bags, air mattresses, or smelly camping fuel....

this lil loafer will be a dollhouse on wheels....with curtains, flowers, quilts, cloth napkins, and vintage dishes....we've booked our first "rally" and the calendar is out marking trips up and down the state...

did I mention the painted fence that'll cover the trailer hitch or the window box filled with pink geraniums???

this and so much more is underway for our "Ariel"..... although I have promised Man In Black that I won't make it "pink 'n girlie" he's really the talented one so all the credit when said and done will go to him....I have no doubt it'll be adorable....

and I will gush with glee at what I know will be a shiny decorated 10 foot vintage much loved aluminum toaster can on wheels....

I'm off to finish a couple of knitting projects this evening so you all take care...enjoy your week ahead...

and thank you so much for stopping by....

see you soon....

1 comment:

JuJu said...

I love Ariel now, I can't even imagine how adorable she will be after her makeover.

You must tell us what's at the end of the road. I'm' so curious!!