Friday, August 16, 2013

"5:30 pick me up"....

Wednesday after work it was decided that a local tiny.....and fairly new restaurant in town should be the destination for dinner....

Mom is still enjoying meals out and this cuisine was one neither of us had ever tried.....



the lemon drop martini was for me.....

the food was for Mom and Steve.............Vietnamese ......

not sure of what to order we went with the recommendation of our waiter....

there was a rib eye steak platter with onions but I lost interest by the time it arrived to the table...

Mom and Steve sampled and commented on which were the favorites...

Steve stabbing with the fork rather than practicing with the chopsticks provided....

Mom gave it the old college try but later gave up.....

I was more interested in the activity at the bar and the man sitting alone with a beer and asking for a shot of Jim Beam to go along with it...
I wondered what pain he was trying to numb and thought if I was alone I would have joined him and lined up a few martini glasses of my own...

Mom stumbled her way through the meal....not having a good day herself and I could tell she was holding back........she can't remember exactly "why" but she's aware something is wrong with her children...







I don't remember the exact name....something with pork and fried....this received the "best one" vote...
I couldn't say....I didn't taste it.....


I suppose I should update you all on my diet that I had going a couple of weeks back...

it lasted 24 hours....
then I said "the hell with it"....

these are difficult days right now.....
my current diet plan......

anything that is served in a pretty glass with ice ........





enjoy your day friends.....

when I returned home after dinner....

there was a package waiting for me....

the most special thoughtful gift...

the most adorable gift...

the gift that lifted my heart......

I'll show you tomorrow.....

we are driving to a place where glasses with ice are required.....

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so sorry that you are hurting. Please eat though so that yu can keep your health and strength. We do care about you.

JuJu said...

Lemon drop martinis are simply absolutely the BEST.

Hang in there my friend.

Dutch Girl said...

If you were "alone" you "would have joined him and lined up a few martini glasses of [your] own"?

Is this poetry or am I to read a meaning here re: what has been going on?

Caroline said...

You sound poetic, which goes along with sad. Sometimes, you have to forget about dieting and just let food be a comfort in itself. I hope life get easier for you. It's always a struggle, isn't it.