Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Sleeping Single or with a "Buddy"?

the "open and pour" crock pot dinner was soooooo not good.

but, that's just me....I love to cook so maybe the fact that I didn't get more involved in the process than tearing open the side of the envelope and dumping left me feeling let down right from the start......

I'm one of those who loves to watch "Chopped" and talk to the contestants on what ingredients they should be selecting out of the pantry..... on occasion my cinnamon or sour cream comes off the shelf and into their pans and it's as if they'd really heard my great culinary suggestions.....
(I'm easy to entertain if a cooking show can bring a leap of excitement)

I'm bringing "Ariel The Trailer" home on Sunday to pack the final tidbits for the trip on Thursday.....

and considering purchasing a heater.....
there'll be no electricity on the ranch so a Mr. Buddy Propane Heater is the option....

the forecast - low 30's at night.....

just how cold is that?.....without a heater?......inside an aluminum trailer??....alone....

it's camping right? aren't you suppose to "rough it"?....

I'll have a blanket....or two.....

and a hat (making one before I leave since I've given away every single hat I've ever knit)...

so do I camp like the cowboys on the ranch who sleep under the stars with the cows? (ok, they really sleep in the bunkhouse)....

or, do I take a trip to the hardware store and pay $100.00 for a heater?....

will I ever use this heater in the future with Steve while camping.....

since the guy only camps where there's hot showers and clean toilets......

you know he's going to want to be warm too if we camp this winter season....

my gut feeling..... forget the heater....but that's because I'm sitting in a warm space as I type this...

I think tonight I'll go sit outside for 30 minutes ...... or maybe standing in front of the open freezer door would be better?

3 comments:

Mereknits said...

Whatever you need to do to make yourself comfy do it. Long undies, socks, mittens and a hat as well as several blankets, or a small heater?
Hugs,
Meredith

Anonymous said...

The warmth of your personality should be more than enough to keep you toasty! Besides you have those nice tiger p j's! A shame to only wear them once!

wagwinggarden said...

This is going to be a trip of a lifetime. hug a horse for me...