Monday, December 2, 2013

monday, monday....

a new day...
the sun's painting the clouds East of my kitchen window....
I find myself standing here at 6:30 each morning....
memories of old recipes as I prepare food....
thoughts of what the day may bring....
dreaming of the possibilities for the coming new year .....
bare feet on the wooden floors.....
surrounded by my favorite things....
thoughts of warm baked pie, oiled wooden bowls, filled antiques with well worn Christmas treasures...

a new year ahead....
the sun will paint clouds over a richly mulched yard....
garden beds will thrive where sod once struggled ....
Teddy Bear sun flowers tall and bold where weeds once ruled.....
bird song, sung from large and small....
a red jeep parked in front of a modest home.....
my secret garden in back beyond a painted gate....
inside the kitchen shelves filled with a treasured century old pie bird, vintage glassware, blue and white wedding china that no longer waits for a special occasion to hold our evening meals.....
multi colored eggs collected from a red chicken coop in a basket once stored too high for use....

I paint my kitchen with morning clouds, surround myself with clutter I love....
and reach out to the world for new adventures.....
















from my heart to yours.....

wishing you a wonderful day......




No comments: