Wednesday, December 18, 2013

the boxes are gone....

the room is empty......

my girl is out in the world.....oh the experience of apartment living......

there's no sadness here.....she'll be back..... only for an hour or so.......

she's fussy so I have no doubt my washing machine will be loaded and running a week from now filled with her dirty laundry.....we'll spend time together and then she'll be on her way....

a commonly shared laundry facility is just too much to imagine for my Diva Daughter...

when Eric & Leah moved out I wanted to leave the bedroom empty.....lingering....

standing in the doorway considering all the possibilities for the space....

that's not the case this time around......Jaclyn moved out.....

moments later I moved furniture in.....

this bedroom is my favorite room in the house.....two corner windows.....

sunrise warms the wooden floors....

an attached full sized bathroom where soon new paint, recycled/repurposed vanity and sink will display early American antiques......

it's going to be warm, welcoming and cheerful.....

there's lot of work to do....exciting fun sort of work......

paint colors, curtains, rugs, .......

will it be a room Mom will agree to stay in????

we'll see.......but the kids have year long leases so I know their boxes won't be coming back soon......

Jaclyn reminded me that I told her "home will always be here"......

"Home" - that place our heart and soul needs to know remains.....even if we never live there again....






 

  





  

No comments: