Monday, May 5, 2014


last month I went out of town on a camping adventure with the Sisters on the Fly….

it was a great trip…..lots of fun with a group of women that honestly…I barely know…

but  it felt like they are all my friends..supportive and kind, fun loving and welcoming…

I was nervous about traveling alone, away from Steve, but I was never really alone…

this group of women were all in the same boat….traveling alone, on a prayer hoping all went well…

within hours of arriving I was off horseback riding when the local television news crew arrive….

word spread quickly reporters were there…

but, being on a horse a few hillsides away there'd be no chance to hear the excitement…

during the days that followed I found myself behind the lens of the camera, a step outside from participating in the events….

watching from a distance….

when the trip ended and I returned home there were several hundred photos as a reminder of this trip….

soon the requests came flooding in for copies and permission to use, along with the nicest of compliments for my photography…

and I was left with a "let down" feeling…

my photos would be copied for a website, a book, and personal use…

and I felt like I'd given away something special for them to remember ….

somehow missing out on something special for me while behind the lens so much of the time…

in total, there were 170 trailers and women camping that week….

some in open meadows, others under wide spreading Oaks…

and in one tiny corner on the edge of a dry stream bed….

our fondly little referred to "cul-de-sac"…. tucked out of the way

my 6' x 9' Lil Loafer trailer….

so you can imagine my surprise when I came home and saw this link to the news report…

while riding ridges away and taking photos of my Sisters enjoying themselves…

the reporters found my lil corner of heaven and made a very special keepsake for me…

I gave away to others…and the surprise was double in return….

here's Ariel…with her tiny flower boxes in all her cuteness...

link for sisters trip

1 comment:

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Ha, that's great seeing your trailer and the one from down the street on TV. Ariel is a star!!