Monday, August 4, 2014

do you know what I'm not looking forward to????

my electric bill….

good grief it's been too muggy for too long now…

and just when I was about to call a moving van and head outta here???

it rained….and all was good in the world again…

I was up and out the door before 6:00 a.m. walking in the rain…it felt so cool and refreshing…

the smell…you know that wonderful everything is soaked kinda smell?

an orchestra of bird song,  a cocker spaniel playing fetch with it's owner who also jumped out of bed early to enjoy the morning tossing a ball…

I wished I could have frozen time and linger in the refreshment….

but, time marches on and soon the humidity returned full force…

all in all, it was a great weekend…lots of quality time spent with loved ones…

my weekend mission...
three trips to the trailer
(Ariel has been sold…more on that later - it's been a tug and pull on my heart)…
the "no name trailer" that is in need of MAJOR work is where I went looking for inspiration…

three trips instead of one because I kept finding odds and ends of camping items that belonged in the trailer and not scattered on bedroom dressers, sofas and kitchen counters…

the first trip brought inspiration from a tiny window…that will be my starting place in making this trailer "mine"
the second trip brought thoughts of happiness that Ariel's new owners will keep her wheels turning and this Lil Loafers adventures will continue….

the third trip….?
I sat on the bed of the "no name trailer" staring at the two dead flies on the counter…curtain less windows…stale hot air and pondered the space….

I knew the security cameras are watched from inside the office as I circled time and again the faded painted trailer…knowing the management may have had concerns to my mental state….

talking to myself…touching here and there…looking at the rusted bumper….the rail where an awning should be and isn't….

as they say…"the third times a charm"….I left with plans dancing in my head of forest animals..
things that will be found where least expected…and high hopes that one day it will all come together…

I suppose I should have removed the two dead insects….
instead I raced home to pour a tall glass of iced tea with ideas bouncing from one brain cell to another…..(there are days it feels only a handful of brain cells remain in my melon)

the curtains???? an idea I'm taking from a romantic movie I watched last night….

when all is said and done???….this "no name trailer" will be restored, decorated and named….

and if you ever find yourself driving behind her…..you'll find yourself grinning….

she's going to be one fun fully decorated, lovingly named, movie inspired curtained



1968 Cardinal Deluxe out there on the road of life….


No comments: