Wednesday, August 27, 2014

there will be crowds of people..
and salt air…
my hair reminding me of my childhood..
the texture thickened and smelling of sunshine...

laughing sounds carried on the wind..
bits of sand in my food no matter how I try to avoid it…

the waves will pound the shoreline...
an ocean of saltwater reflecting the setting sun's glimmer.….
reminding those who left behind their shaded eyeglasses shielding with raised hands in a salute…

I'll watch, as will many others..
the height, shape, and force behind the swells…

the fearless and lacking in sense will paddle out..
thin plastic straps attached to fragile limbs..
in hopes of a ride where both will stay together until the white foam declares it over..,

the ocean..
it's where I'll be as this day ends...



feet in the sand…
camera in hand…

and asking myself …
"don't you remember Scorpio?"
this is the place you find peace…

the water...




No comments: