Tuesday, September 30, 2014

so after comparing donut shops…
one with a very sweaty employee with a store full of flies (we'll talk more on flies in the coming days)
versus a shop with sparkling floors and donuts with basil as a main ingredient….
we then wandered around the local streets…
no shortage of tie dyed, nose rings, long hair or funky garments…

it felt like the 70's again….
only this time around everyone appeared happy, no thoughts of Nixon, the war in Vietnam….
mixed in with the youth living on the streets were other faces looking back at me, aged and weary…
souls who never fully made it back from that period in time….only in body, hearts and minds now living elsewhere...

food carts to creative carpentry at every turn…
the flat rocks in our front yard may now find themselves attached as handles…
my lack of ability for hammering nails already perfected by the looks of the bent nail hinges…
repurposing a simple stick or piece of driftwood for drawer pulls...



this town loves to decorate their ceilings




























the dinner hour arrived and there's nothing better than a pizza from the Flying Pie….
I've eaten too many slices of pizzas to count over the course of my life…
but I think I need to give the blue ribbon to The Flying Pie…







remember I said they like to decorate their ceilings????

just think of the floor space I could free up if I attached the stuff in my house with this design style??

here's a peek where we went next……
see you tomorrow...

No comments: