Friday, November 21, 2014


thank you for the sweet birthday wishes….it was a wonderful day…full of surprises….

I recently visited my hometown library where I received a surprise I certainly didn't expect…

I'll admit, I'm one of those people who thinks the grass is greener on the other side of the fence….

although, I'll also admit, the more I travel, the less I have these thoughts….

Home is looking pretty wonderful as I type this…

since knitting is a favorite hobby of mine, I've often yearned to live in a climate surrounded by other fellow knitters, a place where such things as "bombing" would take place…

so can you imagine the thrill I received when I got out of my car in the parking lot of the library and saw these?????











I live in a climate where flip flops are worn year round, where swimming pools dot the backyards of homes as seen from private planes flying overhead, the palm trees outnumber the pines….

barbecues are used 12 months a year, gardening gloves are kept close at hand for pulling weeds…

the ground will never freeze….

your car door will always open and scraping ice will never be an activity…

in the past I've fantasied about places with wood smoke curls and snow covered buildings decorated with the silliness of someones idea of fun….knit bombing…

and thought with a dull ache that I would never live in such a place…

but the truth is, I don't like to be cold….and within twenty minutes I'd be suffering from depression and cabin fever if I couldn't have the option of a bike ride or planting in my gardens…

so when I spotted all these colorful knitted strips decorating the trees and handrails downtown in my own little community….well, I was giddy…thrilled and beaming...

this told me three things:

1.  there are definitely fellow knitters in my own backyard with the same yearning for a
'bombing"...
2.  you don't need a winter wonderland of white snow and smoke curls..
3.  and you may just find your fantasy where you least expect it…who would have thought at the library?

and the funniest part of this?
I was so happy about the knitting on the trees, I used up my lunch hour taking it all in while talking with the homeless lady, forgetting to go inside and get my book….

Happy Friday…see you very soon

she thought it was pretty wonderful too…
my fantasy knit bombing never included homeless people..

but that's not the world we live in is it?

1 comment:

Mereknits said...

What an amazing sight!
Hugs,
Meredith