Thursday, June 18, 2015

life is humming along....
thoughts of the trailer are constant in my brain...
while I sit at my desk at work...I'm pondering curtain styles instead of the task at hand....
color combinations, should I put the raccoon decal in the front or back?....
the "Hello Bird".... black?....red?....

returning home after 5:00 p.m.....
joy.!!!!...bouncing back through the sliding screen door to tell hubby how much I love seeing the front panel now attached...
tiny nails pounded carefully back into place....
seeing my little Cardinal coming back to life after a decade of sitting...forgotten and rotting...

some women dream of shopping malls and new shoe sales...
dinners in restaurants with a view of sparkling lights while a waiter stands table side....music...
suitcases and passports.....

I dream of our truck....
with trailer attached....
GPS at the ready for a quick check if necessary....

both drink holders holding our favorite traveling mugs...
the lightweight grey blanket folded under the arm rest and my knitting bag stuffed full at my feet....

engine started....
open road ahead.....

Annie tucked under my left arm waiting to settle in ..... the freeway acceleration sending her heartbeat    to matching that of the speedometer needle...

destination?....

anywhere......







No comments: