Wednesday, June 10, 2015










thoughts of Mt Tabor Park ....Portland.....
the Pacific Northwest in general...
stir feelings of longing in this restless misplaced traveler...

I carry my Pike Place market bag........
never having been there...yet...
I know it isn't fate that brought it to me...actually...a gift from another who experiences stirrings...

I was not entended to meet her in Mt. Tabor...the blogger who's life I follow
but I had been there before...our paths had crossed...
and that's enough for this kindred spirit....

my days are full here...
at home...
in this life I have today...
a stack of fabrics folded on the ironing board, waiting for Mom's return....
content to carefully snip along the hand drawn Sharpie lines she follows with scissors that she purchased decades ago...
perhaps her Great Granddaughter will stop over for a visit...
drinking from the same childhood cups as her Daddy...
watching as Nana finishes up a hand knit baby blanket while the older generation snips...
causing her to pull up a chair and cut away with her "decoration scissors"....

the plate of cupcakes from last weekend's trial baking....
empty...

next time cousin Lilly will join in and help fill the ice cream cones halfway...
the sloppy overflow and unbaked bottoms will be replaced with a perfectly golden warm cake filled cone...

the frosting....
whipped from a can....
the little girls will need to help keep Nana from eating spoonfuls before it ever reaches the cones....

happy wednesday...I hope it will be a sweet one...

No comments: