Sunday, July 19, 2015


















we always wait until after the 4th of July holiday is over...
when they all leave and take their rudeness, trash and loud behavior and go back home...
the locals say the "4th crowd is always the worst"...
and with keeping this in mind...
we go out the following weekend to find quiet, space and No PEOPLE!!

the only transportation..and my favorite is the golf cart...
the dogs too...
Annie has her boyfriend Louis who lives at the landing so he's always included in our activities...
Annie on my lap and Louis in-between our seats and they will ride for hours...
a tour of the local yard art...the setting sun...a romp in the white water waves...(that only 6 inch legs can handle) and they sleep like tired old dogs by the end of it all....

this time on the way home...
hubby pulled to the shoulder of the road when he spotted the "Open" sign on the trailer...
a double bonus stop...a vintage trailer filled with local honey for sale....
two bottles came home...and hubby was relieved to hear the trailer wasn't for sale...
it's a beauty..but I have my little gem almost finished and that puts an end to our trailer restoration activities for this lifetime....

there's another project on the horizon...
there are places to see...
property to search...
a retirement to plan...

although seriously...who are we kidding?
I would last retired about a day and a half ...
and then I'd be hitting the local shops looking for a job...
bordom hits me before a holiday weekend is over...retirement is not in my genes...
I wonder if the guy with the trailer and honey would give me a job?
if I could cook using the honey he's selling while working inside a vintage trailer....Heaven...

No comments: