Monday, February 22, 2016











it was a busy weekend....again

I had hoped our trip last weekend away to the desert would have provided rest...

oh well, busy life = happy life....

our trip away to Lake Havasu last weekend reminds us we need to make a point of returning on a regular basis... at least there I seem to avoid the long list of must-do's I create at home..

over the weekend I had hoped to finish my shawl, ride my bike and prepare meals for the week ...

the bike stood waiting, the meals never happened...and the shawl?.... a handful of rows left to do..

instead we spent time with Mom, Zoe and shopped a favorite flea market bringing home more used  dust/web covered junk by others/considered treasures to us...

my trip to the yarn shop and feed store for the hens did get crossed off the list....

the books were returned to the library and ingredients for a new sugar free meal were included on the market list...

my mini skeins increased with the sweet little package that arrived in the mail...and three more squares were added to the blanket over the weekend...Zoe picked which skeins should be added...

the next mini she selected until she comes back to lend a hand again....the 4th of July colorway...
(in February!!)

but before the Sunday afternoon ended...I needed to spend time in the sunshine and let my hens roam..

so I put the socks down, my shawl on the sunlit table to wait a bit longer...... and picked up a pair of clippers....

clipping here...and there... gathering lavender growing alongside my garden gate...

there's nothing better than a porch swing, a bird in the bath....and pondering that next ball of yarn...

while the bees shared the lavenders with little snip here...little snip there...

No comments: