Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Wednesday....6:26 a.m.....and off the needles...it's done!!!

I cast off my Atwood Shawl...

I am in love,,,,love, love, love....

the yarn is heavenly...the colors beautiful....

and this is before I've even blocked it!!!

interestingly...it turned out smaller than expected which leads me to wonder what size it would have been if I used only one skein...?

the answer will come...because one Atwood Shawl just won't be enough...

this yarn??.. Woolfolk!!!!...beyond lovely and perfect...

If I could plan my next road trip with hubby??..Idaho...exactly where these little sheep roam...

oh, be still my heart!!

I'll block it, dry and model for you in a couple of days....

but for now???  I'm spinning around my bedroom, wearing my mismatched pajamas and my Atwood Shawl!!!

the three dogs on the bed staring at me, and puzzled by my squeals of happiness and wondering what all the fuss is over something called "sheep"?




and the best part is yet to come....the blocking
I love...
love
love!!
love the smell of wet wool.....

hubby asks what I'm doing as I walk past my blocking projects, watching me smash my face into the damp wooly goodness with sounds of "oh, I love this"...
smelling the wet fibers filled with scents of farm life still lingering hidden deep within..
hubby standing there with a look on his face of "what is she doing??"..

I smile, and say...."nothing, just enjoying my knitting"...

in my next life....I must own sheep!!

No comments: