Monday, March 14, 2016

Whew...it's been awhile...

I never expected to have so many days pass from my little space here ...

the days fill up and the hours are full...so I guess that means life is good

as far as the knitting part of my life (the focus of this blog space)...it's been extremely successful

yarns are whipped up and off the needles completed....100%

the only new skeins coming in the house..remain small...mini skeins for my memory blanket....

using my stash must continue to be the main goal...knit up, out from drawers, under the bed storage and handed out to anyone even remotely interested in something wooly and warm...

on other news...the dead trees have been removed...replaced with young healthy ones with the expectation of blooming pink very soon...
already the neighbors have asked what we planted with a thumbs up - crape myrtles....
the favorite white birch are dying everywhere in our area...seeing more dead than alive...

since there are currently no crape myrtles on the street...
the twin multi trunks will be traffic slow down beauties when they are in full bloom...
giving another reason why the house should be painted..sooner than later

the hen's banners have been replace with fresh Spring colors and the chicken coop will receive a fresh coat of paint...this year? white coop with a red roof....

a dozen or so tomato plants are ready and waiting for planting...along with more lavender, lemon verbena, herbs and flowers to join the poppies around the trees..

since this past weekend included the rolling back of the clock...I will have ample time to plant, knit on my next pair of socks and take a walk after work tonight...all before the sun goes down....!!!

on the list of must-do's today?....
a trip to the post office...

finally, finally, finally...the guilt is off my mind and the yarn purchase was out of the stash, knit up into another Atwood shawl and wrapped up for a birthday gift....

my cousin, I am sure long ago gave up hope of ever seeing the yarns we picked out together years ago while I visited back East...knit into the scarf I promised to fend off the cold....

well, it's likely not that cold there anymore....but this scarf will look great with a tee shirt and jeans...
and that sort of outfit...can be worn year round...

hubby was a busy bee over the weekend with the creative juices flowing....
and at the risk of sending my friend Robin into a squealing fit of "whaaaaaat????"
tomorrow I will post his work and what he made with all the birch trunks and branches...

enjoy your day...I have a bowl of cereal, a pair of socks on the needles...and two dogs curled up that need to get off the bed and put outside for potty business as I begin the day....

and three little hens that are hoping for something special added to the breakfast meal....

see you soon...








here's what's left from the Atwood Shawl... 

loving my project bag from "everything jenni" etsy shop








I really shouldn't have my picture taken while wearing a ratty gardening shirt...

and hair that hasn't seen a brush...

but who cares.... the important thing here???

see hubby's sock he has on???

I knit those!!!!

...... later that day told me....

"these socks are really comfortable".....
success...!!
now he gets another pair...
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...


Rock and Roll offers excellent Music based Montessori Courses Teacher Training In Cambridge, MA for all who want to learn Music based Montessori Courses now !