Wednesday, June 30, 2010

"The Clearing" - Thank You Jens Jensen

When despair for the world grows in me, and I wake in the night at the least sound in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be - I go and lie down where the wood drake rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds. I come into the peace of wild things who do not tax their lives with forethought or grief. I come into the presence of still water. I feel above me the day-blind stars waiting with their light. For a time I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

Author: Wendell Berry






I have always wondered what was at the bottom of a rainbow - now I know,



I flew to Wisconsin to discover "The Clearing", a wonderful place located in Door County, Wisconsin. Until I can figure out how to insert a direct link, you can check out their website on the internet. I stayed in one of the cabins shown here, ate all the meals at these wonderful tables, met friendly staff and other students enjoying the clearing. It was great week and I will be sharing with you pictures and stories over the next couple of days - it was too much to take in upon arrival and too much to share in one blog entry.

So, lets start from the beginning - the road into The Clearing, the cabins, meal location, have I peeked your interest??? It is a beautiful place, so for now I'll share pictures and will provide details tomorrow - enjoy!!!!

1 comment:

My Sterling Shot said...

Great pics LDK, looking forward to more