Thursday, July 1, 2010

Door County/Favorite Poem

If you were not hungry before you came to check out the blog I think this may get you thinking about hitting the refrigerator. We eat with our eyes before the fork hits the mouth and both of these plates were every bit as delicious as they look.


P.S. Guess who's hands those are, someone very multi talented, as comfortable with a sander as working with a rolling pin and pie crust. A prize winner to boot.....




The Tree Speaks



Ye who pass by and would raise your hand against me,hearken ere you harm me.
I am the heat of your hearth on cold winter nights, the friendly shade screening you from the summer sun, and my fruits are refreshing draughts, quenching your thirst as you journey on.

I am the beam that holds your house, the board of your table, the bed on which you lie and the timber that builds your boat.

I am the handle of your hoe, the door of your home, the wood of your cradle and the shell of your coffin.

I am the gift of God. I am the friend of Man. Ye who pass by, listen to my prayer, Harm me not.

Enjoy your day, I'll be sharing more tomorrow.....thanks for checking in with Lap Dog - I need to resume knitting, new baby coming in October, that's two babies now due before the end of the year.

Bye for now...

No comments: