Saturday, June 12, 2010

Thankgoodness for the Youth....



Well, in two seconds my son was able to check my camera and has me back up and running with uploading. Here are the two blankets I told you about, the yellow/blue is for a baby boy due in October and the other is the first of four blankets (two completed, two more to go) I made for our home. It's 100% mohair, with flecks of hand paint, I don't find it itchy at all but I know some people put mohair on the bottom of their list. I'm planning mohair, cotton, alpaca, wool blankets for the house, for starters anyway....


Here is a picture of a future Christmas present (can't say for whom in case someone is reading this). A wee bit pricy but the way I look at yarn is like this; I'm spending the minutes and hours and weeks of my life knitting a project, why would I want to waste the most precious thing as time, something none of us can ever get back, no do overs on time.....spending it with acrylic or any other affordable man-made product? I will never own an alpaca, but to hold the fibers, knit, smell the wet fabric while it's being blocked, in my mind it's heaven. So, I buy what's beautiful and help keep the farmers in business, I may die poor, but know that I was darn happy while I was knitting...

Have a great evening, thanks for reading my blog.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OOhhhh LOVE it. Yummy and squishy! I can't wait to see the completed project. Beautiful color and Rowan is such nice wool. I am happy you got your camera working again and look forward to seeing more pics. Happy knitting!