Tuesday, December 28, 2010

All Favorites

There were great gifts......very thoughtful gifts.
I can't really pick a "favorite" because I really love them all.....
New clothes, new toys.....

How about this little gem???


How cute is this????


And....the dilemma, how will I continue to knit and have time to read using my new Kindle?....I'm really excited to use this, excited about learning something new.  This was a very thoughtful gift from someone who knows I'll enjoy every single moment using it.

The thoughtfullness of this gift was shared with the others in the house as well, now mind you, I don't want to toot my own horn, but here goes.....I think I'll be flying along with my new tech toy before the others....

And this little beauty....I love her....for those who have been following along with Lap Dog you've come to know that I would love to have chickens. Not a lot, only 2 or 3...but my neighborhood and property size doesn't allow for feathered friends (I could try, but I think they'd just end up standing and pooping on my back patio wanting to come inside).

So here's the plan,,,, I'm married to a very handy guy.....very talented.....very generous with his time kind of guy.....
I'm hoping that he'll fire up the table saw and dust off the work bench, drive the truck to Home Depot, buy some lumber along with  red and white paint and go into the garage......I promise not to peek......and build for me a wonderful little chicken coop that I can keep in my back yard with this little hen roosting inside....for now (until the day comes that I may live in the county somewhere, not likely but I can dream, right?).....I think that's just the ticket....I have a chicken and a coop and organic brown eggs in the refrigerator (from the market but organic just the same).

Lastly, did I get the much wanted new camera???? That would be a big NO folks....I won't lie, I was very disappointed, but I am employed and have steady paychecks and there is nothing stopping me from squirreling away funds from each paycheck to buy one...that's the plan. I know which one I want and I doubt Canon Camera's will be going out of business anytime soon so I think I'm okay waiting. I could just charge the thing or take money out of the bank but sometimes in life it's best to wait for something special - and for me it's this camera. I've been waiting so what's a little more waiting...I still have my other camera and the only draw back is for this blog.....it means bad pictures will continue for a bit longer...sorry my blogging buddies....could be worse - I could have no camera at all, what a total bummer that would be.

Anyway, I'm off work today and enjoying the tasks I'm getting completed, son, the boxes are in the mail.....even the ones I didn't want to send you, please get rid of the motorcycle so I can stop worrying about you on the road with the Italian drivers (sorry any Italian who may be reading this, but word is the drivers are a bit wild and fast and all over the roads - come to think of it, sounds like Los Angeles traffic here at home)....I'm off to take a walk, the sun is shining (more rain forecast tonight) and I'm feeling lucky people....lucky, lucky, lucky,..... I'm going to buy a lottery ticket while on my walk and go to the market for bags....the lottery ticket will buy my camera and the bags are for packing away the Christmas decorations spread out all over my front yard...

Oh, that reminds me, what do you think of this????


This is a little house I pass on my way to work, those are rolls of cotton this woman spreads across her lawn to get the full "wintery" effect for the holiday season....bet there are some people today back East who would gladly share a few feet of snow off their lawns and cars...have a great day everyone, I'll be back shortly, still want to share with you the Raspberry Bar Recipe....   

3 comments:

Dutch Girl said...

The hen is real cute, but I would let her "go free" in the yard! Give the hubby a break. :-)

My two cents on the camera? You won't like lugging around those big Canons--why do think they call them "cannons"? You practically need a wagon to pull them from place to place. :-) Your neck will sag from carrying it around, you'll want an extra lense to get wide angle, and then you need a special case to carry it all in. Then you'll be asking your hubby to buy you a special book from B&N on how to operate it. Take it from me and be thankful you have a nice little point and click that fits nicely into your purse and does all the work for you!!

Nice hat and t-shirt-you are stylin!

Unknown said...

Oh goodness you sure did made out with some good stuff this year didnt you! I love your new hat and t shirt so cute. The comments above do ring true but in defense I have to say I totally LOVE my Rebel and dont mind lugging it around. It is really hard to take a bad picture with this camera. I have enjoyed learning all the awesome things it does. Yes it can be alot to tote around and I also bought a book :) but if you are looking to learn more about photography and want to spread your picture taking wings I say Rock on girl. I look forward to reading about your adventures here in this place and seeing your pics in whatever camera you use. See you soon SO excited, life is so good!!!

Kara said...

The shirt and hat? How perfect!

I had the same dilemma with my new Kindle. How does anyone have time to be a well-rounded person. I don't know how to fit in all the reading, sewing, knitting, biking one wants to do!