Thursday, December 30, 2010

Raspberry Bars

I'm off to enjoy the weekend in the desert.....should be very cold and a good time to wear some knitted scarfs....also, time spent with my knitters friends....I've recruited just about everyone I can to join me in this fun hobby....there are some who are still on the fence but I haven't given up yet...

Here's the recipe I said was a family favorite, in fact, seems like anyone who eats them says "this are great"....I'm thinking it's all the butter - what isn't "great" with something made with butter!!

Mix:
1 1/3 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda 

Add & blend in:
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup quick cooking oatmeal
1 cup chopped walnuts

Add:
1 cup melted butter

Press 1/2 of mixture into a greased round or square 8" baking dish
Spread with 1/2 jar of seedless raspberry jam.....spread to within 1/2 inch of sides of dish
crumble the remaining oatmeal mixture over the top of jam....bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes...cool, cut and eat

Hope you have time to give them a try - very easy...enjoy your weekend, be careful if you're out and about on the roadways.....I'll be back on Sunday to share what I've completed during the time at the desert - new pictures with my old camera....no I didn't win on the lottery, but enough about me not getting a new camera - I'm even tired of hearing myself go on about that topic....  

I received a thoughtful gift in the mail the day before Christmas and I'm going to share with a special buddy...more on that and pictures on Sunday's blog entry.... time to put the dogs in the car and start the adventure - everytime we go to the river there is always a story that happens....keep your fingers crossed it's a good one!! Last time we watched someone shoot bowling balls out of a cannon welded into the back of a pickup truck and fire them off into the middle of the desert...that was interesting...the guy loading the cannon was missing a finger. Imagine that....he's in his 50's and still playing with matches...boys and their toys:)   

2 comments:

Kara said...

Have a wonderful time on your desert adventure. The bars sound delightful.

Unknown said...

Those sound so yummy right now. Hi from Sicily! we just had 10 mins of rain. I hope you are keeping warm in havasu..sending love from the world travelers :)