Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Cake Was In Order



I did have to find something to do while waiting to take the cake out of the oven,

so I picked up one of my WAY TOO MANY unfinished projects.....I see that last bit of yarn to weave in!!
This one I'll be wearing to work today, I'm thinking because it's a Noro Light with cotton (remember, I now love anything with cotton?) that I'll be wearing this inside the office....it's a concrete building,a non working heating system and the temps are supposed to stay in the 50's (maybe 60) so by California standards we're still in a cooling trend!!
Well, I didn't move fast enough because I was beckoned to the garage to stand on a ladder and hold the 2 x 4"s, but my baskets survived the reorganization to stay and gather dust for another 3 years.

I read a blog entry from someone who reminded me of something I need to do more - take good care of my Mother. THANK YOU FOR THE REMINDER...

So, with that in mind I baked her favorite cake -


Lemon Cake:
1 box Lemon cake mix
1  small box lemon jello
1/2 cup oil
1 cup water
4 eggs
Beat cake mix, pour into 9 x 13 sheet pan and place in oven
for 35 - 40 mins @ 350 degrees, (or until nicely brown)

After removing the cake from the oven and while still hot poke the entire top of cake with a fork or toothpick.
The intention is to make lots of holes for the lemon glaze to soak down into the cake....soooo good.

I used about 2 cups of powdered suger and the juice of several lemons (2 or 3 depending on amount of juice each lemon has) because I like a thin (really lemony) glaze....then....it's ready to eat
Do you need ice cream to go along with it? Nope, I'd say a nice cup of coffee and your favorite morning talk show and you've got breakfast, sounds like a good way to start the day to me!! Mom, your cake is ready.....enjoy! I LOVE YOU!!!



It's Always A Good Day When There's Cake!!














As a knitter my blogging buddies, Southern California has a very limited amount of days one can pull off wearing a scarf the entire day!! Maybe I should ask Man In Black to move us closer to either the beach or mountains to accommodate my wardrobe?  I am working on a fantasy about moving to the desert against the hills of Joshua Tree.....I'd have the weather to wear knitted garments but I'd be living on top of a very MAJOR earthquake fault line? Hummm....I'll take the shake and bake of the desert and wear my scarfs....have a great day everyone, I'll be back shortly...

4 comments:

Kara said...

Yummy cake and scarflette!

Aussie Maria said...

Love the colours in the scarf. And as for the cake, sounds like the perfect breakfast to me - I love lemony cakes

Judy said...

The cake looks yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe. I love the color you used, so bright and cheery.

Prairie Rose said...

Yummy looking cake!
Love your cake pan too!
Cute little scarf:)