Sunday, January 30, 2011

Every Good Boy......

My weekend began with the first piano lesson after work on Friday....it was a  success....how do I know this? Because all five fingers worked on both hands and I can count....so far, so good with the lesson. My homework is to practice the finger exercises. One to five one direction, five to one the other direction...cross under the thumb and I'm playing eight keys...Lesson One...done.

Until they see you on the computer screen - A Big Hello!!
A Special Hello...........from two people who are waiting to learn to skype
 Saturday started off with a morning check on the computer to see what the Sicilian travelers were doing and then it went along like this:



 a little shopping (I should have listened when Man In Black told me to buy two more glasses the first time we were there)


Then on to the local fabric store - I needed lining for the summer tote bag (still waiting for the store to get more patterns)

The sewing machine was waiting and didn't give me any difficulty - that is after I figured out the needle was set to the far left and there was no thread going into the fabric....after a couple of attempts success was achieved and I'm loving the camera strap...two more are in the works now - one blue denim and the other a green/black wild snake looking fabric.
I continue to have trouble with the new 4G phone I just bought - I'm reading step by step instuction on uploading so I'll continue tonight and hopefully in the morning I'll have the new strap posted on this blog...

Man In Black decided to wait in the car so the next stop was somewhere more interesting....


Interesting to him that is, boring to me, but I always reap the benefit of the trip...




waiting.....hand picking......how many boards do we have to look through?







Good, the decision made and we're out the door........
Now I'm hungry....



All that standing in the lumber department made me think a "Fatty Taco" was sounding good.
Yup, that's greasy salty taco chips in that paper bag...the only thing missing was a margarita instead of that Coke.
That meal and a margarita I would have had to go home and take a nap!!!







After that "Fatty Taco" I put these into action to get the heart rate pumping, at least I didn't have to work off that monster burrito Man In Black polished off....



The day ended with a good rental movie, I've missed my needles - time for a little relaxation. Have a good week, there's a fire burning in the fireplace and Lap Dog has her Teddy Bear and wants to cuddle.....Wishing you a good week...
I'm not ending this day until I get that strap posted.....come on, it can't be that difficult, I know I'm not the brighest bulb on the tree but I've got to get this figured out - where's a teenager when you want one?????




Well, after a fair amount of crashing my way along through the world of uploading, plugging and unplugging into the hard drive, having a discussion with myself about today's technology I've succeeded in posting the camera strap....like all things in life, just plow your way through.....even if you have no clue what your doing. I figure one day it will all come together and I'll be zooming along like a pro - until then, I'll use the owner's manual and keep plugging away.

Take care.....I need to go wind some yarn and release the frustration, either that or go find the remaining Chips Ahoy cookie bag and see what crumbs I've left remaining in the bag.   

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a very productive and busy weekend. I am missing my needles a bit too. Seems my back has other plans these days, anyways LOVE your camera strap SO CUTE!!

Spare Parts and Pics said...

What is it with us guys and picking out wood? Has to be just right, and takes forever, right! Nothing worse than picking out a bad piece of wood. Well ManInBlack looks pretty pleased with is selection!