Friday, September 2, 2011

3 Days....3 Wonderful Days.....

Happy Labor Day Weekend.....it's going to be hot....long....restful.....productive...(can it be restful and productive at the same time?) and I'm going to enjoy every moment of it.

It feels like a long time since I've spent time at home....that may sound odd since I'm home every day but it's for such a short time....grab a meal, sleep....and out the door again.

Last night after work I walked in the door hungry,,,tired....a bit crabby....and found this waiting for me..
Oops.....it's upside down...
but it's pizza
so can round be upside down?
It was great,... to walk in the door, drop my purse on the floor (I'm a bit of a slob) and have someone hand me a plate with a piping hot slice of pizza and a cold glass of iced tea.

I walked directly to the sofa and starting mowing through the pizza. I looked over at Man In Black and told him I thought he should be the official baker of all pizzas in our home and he could feel free to make them each and every night of the week.
My crabbiness quickly disappeared (cheese and tomato sauce always makes me happy).
He's enjoyed a few good meals prepared by me earlier in the week so this was him telling me "thank you".

Here's one of the new recipes I made for him:
Cobb Potato Salad
I liked it....I'm doubtful it's on his "do over list of meals"
When it's hot outside I always prefer salads to skillet dishes.

1 lb. baby red potatoes, quartered
1/3 cup sliced green onions
2 large avocados (I used one)
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
6 cups shredded romaine lettuce (I used mixed baby green leaf lettuce)
1 pt. grape tomatoes, halved
1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese (I used feta), I forgot I had cheddar in the frig.
2 oz. blue cheese, crumbled......Man In Black didn't want this included..
6 cooked bacon slices, crumbled....(I used 10 slices of peppered bacon....I love peppered bacon)
1 (11.5 0z.) bottle refrigerated blue cheese vinaigrette (Man In Black used Italian & Ranch...he's odd)

Cook the potatoes in boiling water, drain.
Toss potatoes with green onions, 1/3 cup vinaigrette, season with salt and pepper
Cover and chill - I was hungry so we skipped this part and ate with the potatoes warm...it was perfect.
Toss lettuce with avocado, tomatoes, lemon juice,both cheeses.
Arrange lettuce mixture on serving platter, top with potatoe mixture and sprinkle bacon...
Serve with remaining vinaigrette.

Here's a picture of my bugs....
A glass jar, AA batteries....four plastic bugs glued to a plastic green fern.

I love them....

I know to some who reside in areas where lightening bugs live you may be thinking "big deal".

In California,,,we only see these cute lil' glow bugs if you're sitting on the Pirates of the Carribean ride at Disneyland while waiting to drop down the first of the waterfalls.
If you watch the old man rocking on the porch you'll miss the bugs glowing in the trees as you float by.

They'll be traveling around the yard & house...sometimes on the front porch....back patio table....fairy garden....kitchen sink.....all year long.
I've decided they're not seasonal bugs, but glow bugs that will be out all year long...much like the live snails and rolly pill bugs that fill my garden as much as I'd like those to be seasonal.

It takes little to make me happy - pizza and plastic bugs.

Enjoy your day...I'll be back with my photos for Sunday's Series 52 - Glass....first I'll post a few of my considerations for the assignment...I'll save the final selection for Sunday's post.




See you soon friends!!!

3 comments:

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Your stained glass photo came out great!!

Nancy said...

How nice of your hubby to cook for you! The pizza looks delicious.

SS 52 and YSB will post today and then will be on break... love your considerations for the "glass" theme. :)

Dutch Girl said...

Albertson's was selling fake lightening bugs that actually fly around in the Mason jar trying to escape! You should check it out! They were in the Summer section. Maybe they are on sale now that it is fall. I didn't know you liked to keep bugs in a jar, or I would have bought a jar of fake bugs for you!