Thursday, November 10, 2011

My Gift To You....From My Basket....To Yours

Begin with a loaf of white bread....if you put it into the freezer for a bit of time it's easier to cut off the crust
One loaf of unsliced white bread
cut into four equal slices with
all the crust cut off all sides

cut each slice into four equal squares
line 'em up on a cookie sheet
lightly greased if you like
or parchment paper....
however, the bottom gets all crunchy crusty on the sheet
it's the best side of the bread  
cream together the margarine
old english cheese &
a couple shakes of garlic powder
the messy part...
spread on ALL sides
of the bread

one spread of the knife on each side is fine
not necessary to get
every nook 'n cranny 
line 'em back on the cookie sheet
Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes
or until the corners have browned lightly

I only baked three pieces tonight...
the remaining went on another
cookie sheet and into the freezer again.
When the cheese has harden a bit I'll
pop them into a large plastic bag and store them in the freezer
easy peasy to take a few out and bake them
when the family is looking for a
little cheesy goodness
Have a good evening....my needles are waiting on the sofa....along side Lap Dog

9 comments:

Sherri B. said...

You were right about the bread at the store..I thought there would be some unsliced but it was all french or italian..ugh. I may try the Russian bakery on Sat. Those look too good to pass up! xo

Melodie said...

Oh my! That does look yummy!

Judy said...

Oh my goodness theses look sooooo good. I'm copying this recipe for sure. I like that you can freeze them.

Heather said...

I've tried lots of cheese bread recipes, and I've never seen one like this...it looks wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

Katiebee said...

i can't wait to try this! love that you can bake only what you need (and i absolutley don't need more than a piece or two, maybe three..*lol*)
thanks for sharing the recipe!

xo

katie

Spare Parts and Pics said...

MMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Dutch Girl said...

I will try it, but I'm sure it will taste better when you make it. :-) Gayle

Lap Dog Knits said...

Dear Dutch Girl...since you are such a special girl...I'll make it for you:-)

Christine said...

Yum. I've got to try that. If I were deserted on an island all I would wish for is bread. That's how much I love it.