Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Ah, alpaca ....

I've had this yarn for quite awhile.....originally it was planned for large ribbed socks..
but the cost and the fact I didn't think the floor was a proper place for
such wonderful fiber....

so I searched for something special...something that would be worn close to the skin...
something where all the pretty colors could be seen..
see how nice and orderly it looks when we wind with a swift???

And this is what it looks like when we don't.....
I've had this yarn awhile too...
on my lunch hour I needed to relax and unwind from
another overly stressful morning...
from the look of the ball...
the stress won out...

I was considering making this pretty hat...
last years magazine from Interweave Knits

And I got excited thinking this would be perfect....
until I read the pattern and discovered I have half the required amount....
this added greatly to my stress level....

so I continued my search for the alpaca...
frosty blue...touches of brown....warm n soft..
Alana Dakos at Never Not Knitting (she has a book out too)
sells this pattern...
perfect for a cowl to be worn with a long sleeved tee shirt
in my winter wardrobe...
did I mention it's going to be 85 degrees this weekend???
Ugh!!!!

in my next life....
I'm going to live somewhere I'll need a jacket

wishing you a wonderful day friends...

2 comments:

Mereknits said...

I agree with you, I don't get to wear a jacket here much in Florida, but scarves and cowls I can for several months a year. Love your yarn.
MEredith

Colleen said...

I have a beautiful grey alpaca vest and skirt that was my Mom's. I don't know what I like better about it the fact that it is very stylish or that it was my Mom's.