Thursday, May 2, 2013

baby love 'n loaf....

I'd imagine that your life feels as busy and overloaded as mine most days....

so I want to share with you this video....

in hopes that it will bring a few moments of peace to your soul as you go about your day...

I plan to be one of those types of Nana's that bakes bread.....from scratch

thinking back...

baking a small loaf of bread from scratch was the very first thing I ever made by myself...

I was 12 years old...in school....do they still have those classes in school??

the classes where young girls are taught which way to load a bobbin in a sewing machine while the boys are learning how to make wooden cutting boards?

it may have been the "act of baking" that planted the seed in me for my love of cooking...

I look forward to baking with my granddaughter  Zoe who turns two years old today...

I really can't think of a more perfect gift for her than opening the door to the joy of baking....

the wonderful wooden bowls, spoons, aprons and linens.....

Happy Birthday Zoe.....Nana loves you so much......

Click on the link to take you to the video... hope you enjoy the link....makes me wish I could grab an apron and my wooden bowl

The Art of Making Bread








No comments: