Wednesday, August 14, 2013

out to me...come...

"come out to me...come to me".....

these are the words spoken by a two year old directing Nana in the desires of a toddler....

translated these words mean..."I want you to take me outside for something fun".....

so "come out to me" we did....

off to the local lake where tiny "fishies" and ducks quietly waited....

a "baby" is always at the top of the list of hopeful sightings by Zoe....

first:....the ducks greeted us....

second:.....friendly dogs on leashes.....

third:.....joggers who Zoe greeted with the now perfected "parade wave" and a sweetly spoken "Hi"...

but would we see the Baby???
nothing goes better with duck watching than a box drink...

orange slices were offered and wisely refused......
these are smart City ducks and know better than to take a handout....

 instead they offered up a feather or two for her play...... 

I rarely see a white feather blowing that I don't think of Forrest Gump.....
don't you wish he was real????

but would we see a baby before it was time to leave??



at the end of the lake....waiting for us

a tiny baby bird....

not a duck....but just like us...

....the ducks enjoy the sight of a baby too......

2 comments:

JuJu said...

What a perfect morning! I do love that baby duck.

Forrest Gump trivia: a friend of mine was the man in the beginning of the movie who the white feather lifted off of! (the movie was filmed in Savannah, and he was an extra, he never knew his part would be so big!)

Unknown said...

Aw looks like a really sweet visit outdoors.