Sunday, August 11, 2013

sing a song of sixpence.....

When life gives you lemons.....




do what I've just done....



bake a peach pie....











pie bird website........find your own pie bird here.....



while the pie was in the oven.....




I tidied up the sink and gave the charm bracelet a bubble bath while scrubbing the granite bowls...

charm bracelet shop......Glamping Camping......


the charms passed the test of durability and I love looking at the soft tinkling little objects dangling from my wrist...

Zoe and I took a quick peek inside the oven to see the little black bird baking in a pie.....

it will be a sweet memory for sure in the years to come....


four 'n twenty black birds.....

I just wish I had the Mother Goose poem memorized so Zoe would be really impressed with Nana who can bake birds in pies and says rhymes while wearing her apron......(I've got to work on that talent)

the knitting talent I do have is currently working on an overly sweet newborn cardigan I'll share with you soon..........if you want to take a look at the pattern??? so you can make one too???? here
a quick project using just 2 skeins....

I'm trying to dwindle down the excess of yarns I have stuffed as insulation in every drawer, under bed, hall closet shelf, shoe box, toy box, antique box I can find in the house.....

wishing you all a great week ahead....it's going to be a wonderful one......

I see beach towels and friends in my near future....

5 comments:

Caroline said...

Your charm bracelet is darling. I have my mother's from the 1940s. It's so much fun to admire the charms. Our peach tree died last year, but that's no excuse for me not to bake a peach pie...delicious.

Sherri B. said...

You pie looks delicious and the black bird does remind me of the nursery rhyme..I used to have it memorized.

Love your charm bracelet. I have been wanting one for years but the ones in the jewelry stores are way too much for my wallet..Off to check out the link.

Have a lovely week. xo

Changes in the wind said...

That pie looks soooooo good.

opportunityknits said...

The blackbird pie dish is so charming, a must-have for when I become a grandmother. I hope to have grand-daughters too!

Unknown said...

I love your dish, it's so cute and the pie looks wonderful. I hope you made it down to the beach for a visit. We went north. Shot a big show :) eeek blogged about it.