Wednesday, August 7, 2013

the head hive hat....

finally.....

it sat for so long on the bedside table....

I'm not sure why I floundered so long in sending it to JuJu....

I think because it reminded me of a happier time...

off with the mailman went the Bee Hive....flying to the other side of the country...

I think I'll make another one for myself some day....

it makes me smile to see such a silly idea of a bee hive on your head...

it's 9;30 p.m....my day started at 5:30 a.m. and I'm just now sitting down at home...

it started with the day job, later a walk to the corner market to purchase a Power Ball ticket (which I can't remember where I put) followed by a drive downtown to pickup a couple of orders of Egg Drop Soup from a favorite restaurant...
one for Mom's lunch tomorrow...the other for the widow living in the house on the corner...
a stop at the corner gas station to fill the tank that's running on low...only to discover it closed....
so I headed home .....
after a quick call to confirm she was still awake I walked down to give The Widow her soup....
she quickly put her dinner tray to use and wasted no time in finding "her bib" which was a faded blue dish towel and started scooping into the steaming broth....

she asked about my family, my job and any neighborhood happenings....
she was kind as always, wise and thoughtful....she's the person I go to for advise on life's events...
she's lived a long time....experienced more heartache than a person should be given....
she puzzles me on how her heart can be shattered and still have the desire to live on...

we made plans to have a get together with Mom soon so they could swap doctor stories....

returning home I stood at the back of the sofa catching up with the other adults day's activities, missed seeing the littlest one who had already been tucked in with the chosen "toy of the day" to share her bed for the night...

10:00 p.m. .......30 minutes......
....my quiet time......the ceiling fan spins....the wooden floor creaks from the weight of the cat as she circles the bedside table....the schoolhouse clock heard from around the corner....

I need to knit another hat.....I miss the happiness alongside the bed....

...........hours later........

it's morning now.....early.....nobody is awake yet......

still darkness.....

Steve has left for work already.... a handful of spoken words shared last night....???

the day will start with a stop at a gas station, a brief drop off of the sack lunch for Mom...

The Widow will begin her day with a prayer for her daughter winning todays battle against brain cancer...the war in time will be the cancer's victory.......The Widow talks of life after her daughter is gone....the puzzle to me...where does the desire to stay in this world and continue this life come from?

the phone rings early at home....it's a problem at work.....so begins my day....

I'm going to begin a new knitting project tonight....something soft, warm, comforting......

























No comments: