Wednesday, August 7, 2013

fiber fun...




a couple of recent hats have been completed...
the "favorite fibers" in my yarn stash are neatly tucked away under a kingsized mattress frame so my next project will involve a good deal of furniture moving just to get my hands on the skeins....

I don't expect to actually wear any of this knitting.....life in Orange County is mild year round in comparison to most areas and by 10:00 a.m. I'm shedding off any layered garments during the coldest part of Winter....

there's a handful of family and friends that live in cold climates who've said they'll except any bundle of  
knit and purl I want to send their way.....

since my days are full and evenings short I'm going with the basic easy peasy slouchy hat pattern...

not much thinking involved....just round and round of mindless knitting....

the colors hold my interest and it's perfect for pausing if life takes me away ....

it'll still be waiting right where I left it when I come back....

waiting to pick up and start again...the round and round and round...

my original plan for all this knitting was to make a pile full of different hats and put them in a vintage basket and when the Midwest comes to visit the West Coast for the annual desert hangout there'd be a "Claim Your Favorite Hat" to take back home....but life has taught me....don't plan.....

so instead I'll knit....no patterns in mind....no grand plan of how I hoped something would be.....

since my desired yarn is stuffed under a bed where people are currently asleep....

tonight I'll start a child's hat with yarn that's stuffed under my own bed and reachable.....

anyone out there with a kid in need of a Winter cap?





1 comment:

Mereknits said...

The hats are wonderful, just perfect. And if that is not your favorite yarn, it sure should be because they both are lovely.
Hugs,
Meredith