Sunday, January 5, 2014

jan 5….

up early and on the phone..

it' still dark outside here as I talk with my aunt who's living outside the Chicago area….

she's alone..and worried…and I wished for magic to reach through the phone and pull her to California..

in all the decades she's lived in this little town….decades living in the English Cottage home built by my grandparents…

it's never been as cold as what she's experiencing today…

you'll never know how many times I begged my husband to move there from California so my kids could experience fireflies and parades in the summer…

thank goodness my husband has commonsense to tell me "NO" know since this is where our employment is…

along with the fact he knows I hate the feeling of cold…

I asked about the animals, a topic which the newscasters are discussing regularly on the television…

and the nutty fans who will likely be sitting in the stand today watching football in Green Bay….

"best wishes and keeping in touch" were words spoken..

I didn't dare share our weather forest for today with her….it's too unfair the amount of sunshine here...

so while we wait for the weather to improve for those folks bundled in layers….

I'll share with you some bright colors and blooms that greeted us at the zoo yesterday .…

my new winter jacket remains on the hanger in the closet…..still waiting to be worn….

if wishes could come true?

I think I'd have a pile of snow in my front yard from the folks back East wishing it all away….

stay warm friends…keep the water trickling in the pipes, enjoy crafting, movie watching, heavy casseroles….check on your neighbors and care for fido's paws….
'





the sun will come out by Thursday….


1 comment:

Leah said...

More pics!!! Zoe's hair looks so cute!!!!!