Tuesday, March 18, 2014

it was quick…
productive….
and very hot….both weekend days….

did everything get done?
no, but close, and stuff I didn't even have on the list was finished…

the garden project…well, Steve's looks great….
mine, not so great…
but my hair looks 100% better so I'll take that over a garden of dirt any day…
thanks Jaclyn for the new color…

speaking of color…..man 'o man…do I LOVE this table painted red…
it was a weird "flesh" color before…
you know, that weird color they used to put in a Crayola coloring box..
even as a kid I used to look at that crayon and wonder who had flesh that color….
I've even thought the word "flesh" was weird….creeps me out like eating chicken skin….

anyway, the table looks great and after the camping trip it's going to stay in the pantry area…
it's bright and fun and I love the "pop" of color….

the trip to the garden nursery to begin the vegetable beds was heavenly…
the color in the photos is bright….
but what I didn't capture was the smell….
the sweet warm smell of summer….remember is was at least 85 degrees standing there melting….

Mom enjoyed picking out her selection of summer tomatoes and a couple pots of chives thrown in for good measure - perfect to add to chilled cottage cheese on a hot summer afternoon

a vintage belt was found at a local shop, the stuffed horse now has a brown knitted blanket with V6 added (the name of the cattle ranch where I'll be in a couple of weeks) the kids joined us for Sunday Supper, Zoe went home with some wooden doll furniture, and I finished the last of the costume camping outfits with a not-so-attractive lace petticoat….it was hot, I was tired and sick of the whole production this has turned into…. it's camping, not "let's break the bank buying vintage and play dress up"…

Steve has taken pity on my summer vegetable garden area and surprised me by continuing to clean the soil of roots & grass and breaking up the dirt clods….

he's sweet that way…..

have a great day…I'm off to work again….

thankfully it's a bit cooler ,so tonight I'll return to my dirt pile and pull a few more weeds in hopes this weekend everything can be planted….

there's big dreams for an amazing yard this summer….our planting area has been increased by triple from in the years past….big space…big dreams…..big sunflowers….
















the beginning of my garden area…..
small start to a big job….. 





the patio cover will be remodeled soon….

the garden areas have been increased…

the chickens are thriving….

the bikes are waiting for a spin to the farmer's market again…

now it's time for Zoe to plant her fairy garden….

she's nearly three now… ready for a plastic spade and gardening glove…..

2 comments:

Mereknits said...

You Mom is absolutely beautiful.
Hugs to you and so glad you had a nice weekend,
Meredith

Southern_Belle_Reincarnated said...

Awww, you'
re mom looks so happy!