Wednesday, April 23, 2014











there'll be thrift store treasures to mend…
flower boxes to tend….spent blooms replaced with young tender buds…
new recipes to try….old favorites returning to the table…
a guest room mattress that catches my "must do" projects…this week? sort the linens….!!!

the pantry is lean after a heavy cleaning….cans needing replenishing and spices to fill…
a basic ol' time cookie recipe made with the best of ingredients…. the very best…
an unexpected surprise for someone who stopped by for a brief spell….
another surprise…a gift to me from my feathered beauties outside….a double yoke egg….
upon my return yesterday from work….two fresh perfectly shaped and colored eggs…

side by side in a single nesting box….with a feather….a "welcome" to the coop…..

enjoy your day…..


3 comments:

Prairie Rose said...

Love all your beautiful pics (the cookies made me hungry, I might have to run to the kitchen to do some baking)
Hey, Chickie Friend, hop over to my blog to see my new adventures with chickens:)
Your life sounds busy yet sunshine-y and fun as of late:)

Leah said...

yay eggs! i am glad you got your chickens...they suit you so well. :) and zoe loves her nana's chickens too!!

Southern_Belle_Reincarnated said...

What a beautiful country life you are living...in the heart of the city. Love your posts Kyle!