Tuesday, June 10, 2014

so here's the skinny on the recipe for the chicken salad….it's not skinny…
but oh so tasty you'll want to eat it anyway

you'll need parts of your favorite choice of fried chicken…I mixed white and dark meat
(I bought it from my local grocery deli market, three breasts and three legs of freshly fried chicken)

pull it off the bones and chop it up to bite sized pieces (keep the fried crunchy chicken skin attached)
this is the part where the calories stay….worth every single bite…

toss it all in a large sized bowl and add:

four stalks of chopped celery…or more if you love celery…no calories in these babies…
chop a bunch of green onions….tops only…save the bottoms for another recipe…
a handful of chopped flat leaf parsley..
salt and pepper to taste…
about 1/2 cup of mayo…add as much as you like to make it the texture you want…
1/2 cup of buttermilk if you have it…(who has buttermilk laying around?)
so instead, I used about 1/4 cup of my favorite ranch dressing….

keep mixing and adding until your salad is the consistency you like…
for me? not too dry….so I likely added more mayo along the way..

if you like a bit of zip and heat to your food?… add a sprinkle of dried red pepper…I didn't this time

you can serve this over a bed of lettuce…but since I was starving at the time I made it..

I opted for two thick slices of Panera's sourdough bread and a bag of potato chips and went to town eating…

I had intended on taking a photo after the plates were ready to go to the table…
but Steve had my drink poured and like I said…I was starving hungry….so the camera was forgotten and I wolfed down that sandwich...

no cooking or stove required in this recipe…let your local market fry the chicken and you sit back to a great meal and no dirty pans to clean….

have a great day…see ya soon…



No comments: