Sunday, July 13, 2014

she woke up as sweet natured as she looked while sleeping….

ready for another day…

and like most three year olds….

a new day, and wanting to wear the same outfit as the day before…

that works….we know that will change any day….

and with the same outfit….the wild hair….

I've always loved her wild hair…maybe because that's a bit of myself I see in her…

I dry my hair by rolling down the car windows and let the breeze be my stylist…

I brush my hair once in the morning….and that's it until the next day arrives

but even the wild hair child got to the point of requesting a pony tail when the goop process required seeing the tiny bubbles she was trying to create….

after lunch the neighbors backyard pool (perfectly warm and completely inviting on a Sunday afternoon) where we practiced kicks, floating, pouring water from tiny shoes into pool toys and counting the flower petals collected from the surface….

she loved it…my only regret?
this special time together will be a memory…no photos were taken..
but that might be just as well…..I look better in a bathing suit underwater than poolside….

those peanut butter cookies I've been baking lately have found their way to my thighs…..

before Zoe left ending our time together this weekend she did her last chore….

she checked the chicken coop collecting the eggs, placed them in a paper sack and carefully carried them with her for her continuing weekend with the grandparents….she's a very lucky girl having two sets of grands living nearby and adore her...

boy, if the teacher asks what she did over the weekend…












Zoe may never stop talking….her new word for the weekend? "starch"…
mixed with glitter glue = goop…..

No comments: