Monday, July 14, 2014

it's been wonderful growing gardens year this ….

picking the most beautiful tomatoes, peppers, onions, herbs, & cucumbers…there's more….I just can't remember everything that's out there….melons…eggplant…..

did I say tomatoes?….eleven plants of yellow, orange, red, golden, and purple shades of the tastiest I remember ever growing….

all alongside the chicken coop….

Steve has seven tomato plants growing too in the backyard…so it's been tomato heaven over here…..

since the weather has been warm and summer is in full force….

sandwiches and iced tea have been on the menu lately….

the hens provide the fresh eggs….hard boiled and mixed with a little mayo and mustard…

tomato slices and spinach on a slices of lightly toasted oat bread….

and you've created a great summer meal with lots of color, vitamins and tastes great…

now if you're more into fat, calories and heavenly flavors…

you'd probably love this burger from a local restaurant downtown…

dinner out with the kids left me inspired to buy wooden boards for serving…

they say…"we eat with our eyes first"….I know I sure do….

color and crunch…..that's what makes my mouth water….






I'd like to tell you I ate that burger….but I didn't…..I'm saving something like this for Portland…

or better yet…. a light salad and blackberry martini…..now that's my idea of a colorful meal...…..

1 comment:

Mereknits said...

Everything looks so delicious, those tomatoes are gorgeous. Hugs, Meredith