Thursday, August 14, 2014

after work last night we enjoyed going out for dinner with Mom to a cute little restaurant downtown…
the service was extremely slow so my plan of going to the crafting store following the meal was shot..

I'd hoped to pick up the little bit of detail still missing from the new beanie I finished knitting..

I guess that's what lunch hours are for…
I'll blast over today to a fabric shop and hope they'll have what I'm looking for….

while we're on the topic of food…
thank you Teresa for posting about Tad's Chicken n' Dumplings restaurant…

we will be there during our trip in Sept, Pam and I will be toasting to both you and Meredith…

good food….great people met through the internet…thank you…!!!

my plan for the evening activity tonight??

roasting tomatoes…
eating some..freezing others…
the blender for another batch for sauces and soups this Fall…

the egg count is back up again (I've given many away and decided it's time to enjoy them ourselves)
so there'll be deviled eggs this weekend, hardboiled and fried with a side of bacon….

I do wish I had the day off work today…it would be so fun to spend it in the garden and kitchen…

but…that's not going to happen so I best figure out what summer outfit I can pull together and get myself ready for the paying job that's waiting…

the tomatoes? well, they'll have to wait….
I can enjoy several hours of sunshine after 5:00 p.m…and there'll likely be more tomatoes to pick…

enjoy your day….wish me luck at the craft store in search of the missing buttons….




enjoy whatever you eat today….hope you'll make it something red...


No comments: