Friday, September 5, 2014

happy friday friends …

the days are flying bye…I suppose that means my life is full and content…

and for the most part…it certainly is..

we are just a couple of weeks away from our trip to Portland….

now that the weather has cooled five degrees I think I may actually be able to begin our hats…

the thought of alpaca twirled around my pudgy sweating fingers while the air conditioner blasted…

even watching an episode of Living Alaska with a cold pack on my head wouldn't have been enough….

but I dare say….I think Fall is in the air…

so much so that last night Leah lit her new candle and has inspired me to go buy one for myself today..

the girls love the soaps and such from Bath 'n Body and when the new sale began….

well, I was in the door with my basket full…

I think for awhile now….we'll see how long this last….?? I'll likely run out of ideas after two weeks..

but anyway….I think for awhile now I'm going to post Fridays Recommendations…

so here we go….

this Fridays Recommendations are…..(insert drum roll here……)

remembering to keep your body fit….
herbs are the natural way to go...

eat apples with your pancakes….
in moderation ….
and only with someone special….
and don't clean your plate as Mother said years ago…
otherwise the jeans won't fit and the whistles will end...


relocate wildlife when they've found their way
into your backyard…
 after all, we put up the fences…
not them...


when you've found a cocktail you enjoy,
it's ok to enjoy it alone... 


and when you've found a new fruit juice you enjoy…
 it's ok to enjoy it alone
 and hide it
 so others won't find it...


make homemade pizzas…
 a great way to get others to pitch in the meal planning


make this…and soon
one loaf of french bread
one cup of mayo
one large heaping cup of shredded parmesan cheese…or a bit more
minced garlic (you can use garlic powder or omit)
sprinkle with sliced green onions if that's your pleasure
mix together and spread on top of each half
bake at 375 until golden brown
slice and enjoy…
and it's ok to eat one entire half yourself
but only if someone else promises to eat the other half too...
share the guilt along with you…and the secret
 


go buy yourself some Fall trinket..
something to fill your home with scents or your sink with soap…
 the new month and season has arrived..
welcome it in…


and that's it folks…
my Friday Recommendation…
oh!!!!, and the REALLY big one…

read the book Unbroken…
today is the day to get this book…
enjoy your life..

see you soon





No comments: