Sunday, September 7, 2014

it's basically finished…
not the wood rot repair or the flaking paint…
not the propane tank replacement or the awning…
not even the bent bumper repaired…

it's the entire decorating that's basically done…
I don't like to waste time….plus I knew what I had in mind...
so Friday after work it started at the fabric store and ended at a local vintage boutique on Sunday…
in-between was a flea market and an EBay purchase…

in the end….it's going to be wonderful…

the focus will be the birch wood….
the hardware and lights,  Irish trimmed linens, burlap and books…
wool blankets and feather pillows, cut lace and ruffled trimmed door…
a bird on the knob, a nest on the sill...
viola…it's done.



all this crisp white washed and waiting,
layers of ruffled pillow shams, rusted rabbit and teal colored tea light wait…
until hubby has finished the huge project ahead…
all the repair of rotted birch, replacements of broken lights, bumper pushed against the future raccoons..



shopping on Sunday with Sisters who have extensive decorating experience..
well, what would have taken me a month was completed in a day when i told them the look I wanted…
an afternoon spent alongside hubby while he selected back plates..
the colored glass knobs all too pretty to pick only one shade...



wheeling and dealing with seasoned vendors, the 100 degree heat working 100% in my favor from them not wanting to spend one extra ounce of energy having to pack it all up and haul it home again…

sweat soaked summer clothes….hamburgers with onions rings…a Lexus auto filled with three Sisters
"must haves"…

I'm done, "the sequel" as my Sisters have come to call my Pork 'n Beans trailer….
(and Karmen my favorite Sister, well, she hates that name and insists I come up with something else)

the next chapter….belongs to Steve….to his tool belt and Sawzal...

it's time for me to knit…and knit and knit…

babes are on the way…other babes are here and growing fast….

I best get to it….they're not going to wait for me to catch up….








No comments: