Sunday, November 30, 2014











there's been an abundance of sugar...
and a complete lack of construction on the bathroom remodel...

the paint can did appear for a short time and the side door is now coated in a beautiful shade of greenish grey with a sparkling new white screen door...that slams shut...I love that part the best...
don't ask me why....but there is a comfort for me in a porch door that slams shut...
the sound of wood, the signal of activity in and out, the total lack of glass and sliders...

we have done a bit of holiday shopping for the Grandmas...
mailed off the scarf and hat to a climate where the Cardinals are now filling the tree branches...

I modeled the knitted softness in hopes that one day I'll be wearing one myself...
we are nearly at Dec. 1st and the doors and windows remain open allowing the warmth of the day to flow inside...even with the forecasted rain ahead...no chill in the air...

thankfully there are countless babes due to arrive soon (I quit counting because I'm so behind in knitting and they'll surely be here before their hats, bibs, blankets and baby bags are done)..
so my knitting needles will stay busy and the depression of lack of daylight by 5:00 p.m. will fade..
my evenings now filled with soft fibers instead of dirt and weeds from evening gardening...

hubby has the tile man coming on Tuesday...he keeps insisting I can't begin my painting since he will be removing the floor and cabinets....since the walls stay...what difference does it make???

so I've moved on to my next project....the trailer

after several ideas of style and themes for the inside..
I kept going around and around and ending up at the same thought....simple...live simple
what do I want to see and feel while camping???
cozy comfort and relaxation....

the Sisters On The Fly have trailers that are magazine worthy...and several can be found in them...
for me, this added an extreme amount of stress to an already stressful situation of trying to camp alone..
not all of course are adorable....some, well, are pretty bad...decorated with cupcakes and lace...
too much pink and too much theme....and just too much of everything tossed inside a tiny trailer with fluff and petticoats included....

for the time being....my lil Pork 'n Beans is going simple...

I'm starting with some curtains to replace the horrible green and gold coffee pot print that's hanging up now....
nothing fancy...plain and simple....much like my slamming screen door....

No comments: