Friday, February 13, 2015

I didn't mention earlier that last weekend I took a little road trip out to the desert....
the following day after moving the trailer home I went out for a visit to my brother's desert home...
and during the drive I was reminded what a great location Southern California is to live...

within 30 minutes (depending on the red lights on Beach Blvd) I can have my bike on the boardwalk or toes in the sand....1 1/2 hrs. the other direction I can have my sun dress blowing with flip flops and be shopping Palm Springs....

here we are in February and I'm digging in the closet for summer wear and slicing oranges off the tree from the backyard....

the sweetness dripping off our chins, there's nothing better than going outside to pick citrus warm off the tree and filling the kitchen with scents of orange peels...



since it's going to be picture perfect weather, Mom's going to be with us, gardens need tending, there's a baby girl due to arrive without a knitted gift off the needles yet, early morning walks and Valentine's Day romance, my weekend ahead is looking booked....

life is full..each room of my little house is filled with either a returning Mother, child or grandchild...

hubby and I patch and paint our little trailer outside, knowing the day will come when we will venture out to the open highway...

Colorado?? Washington?... Idaho....
yes to Idaho....that will be our first stop with our little Cardinal bird on wheels....

enjoy your weekend....




No comments: